The safety and security of our guests is the top priority of the MCCA’s Public Safety Department. We employ highly-trained security professionals to staff the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, the John B. Hynes Memorial Convention Center and the Boston Common Garage 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. All public safety personnel are trained and certified in CPR / First Aid and AED operation.
Our building security services and leading-edge technologies are some of the most comprehensive in the industry. Our 24-hour command centers are integrated with the City of Boston’s emergency first responders, and each center maintains and operates cutting-edge fire, security surveillance, and staff-monitored access control systems.
In addition, the MCCA’s Public Safety Department is responsible for the following:
- Professional response to all emergency situations
- Show and building-specific threat assessments
- Emergency evacuation planning and implementation
- Floor plan and room layout approval
- Coordination with local first responders
- Online lost and found tracking